We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Saturday, June 26, 8:30am: Club ride at Marshall Hampton Reserve, Thornhill Road. Trail bosses Mike & Barbara Charron
- Saturday, July 3, 8:30am: Club ride at Gator Creek–entrance off Hall Road; free permit from Polk Parks is needed to access the gate. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, July 10, 8:30am: Club ride at the Hampton Tract, Rock Ridge Road. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, July 17, 8:30am: Club ride at Lake Louisa–use the Lake Nellie Road entrance. Trail boss Del Jones
- Monday, July 19, 6:00pm: Club dinner & meeting at Golden Corral, 4532 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland. Dinner at 6pm with meeting to follow at 7pm
- Saturday, July 24, 8:30am: Club ride at Colt Creek State Park (Middle Lakes parking). Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday July 31, 8:30am: Club ride at Upper Hillsborough–free day use permit from How to Make a Reservation | WaterMatters.org (state.fl.us). Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, August 7, 8:30am: Club ride at Gator Creek–free permit needed from Polk Parks. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, August 7, 5pm: Annual club BBQ & membership party at the Lassiters’.
- Saturday, November 6, 9:00am: Veterans Day mounted scavenger hunt at Colt Creek
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).