We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Monday, December 21–Monday, January 3: Club campout at Green Swamp West. Those wishing to day ride can call Karen Turbeville!
- Saturday, December 26, 9am: Club ride at Upper Hillsborough Preserve. Members must obtain their own passes from How to Make a Reservation | WaterMatters.org (state.fl.us). Del Jones, trail boss
- Saturday, January 2, 9am: Club ride at Marshall Hampton Reserve
- Saturday, January 9, 9am: Club ride at Alafia River Corridor Nature Preserve, 931 Old Welcome Road, Lithia. Del Jones, trail boss
- Saturday, January 16, 9am: Club ride at Lower Green Swamp. Del Jones, trail boss.
- Saturday, January 23, 9am: Club ride and meeting at Colt Creek (Middle Lakes). Potluck lunch and meeting to follow the ride about 12pm. Del Jones, trail boss
- Saturday, January 30, 9am: Club ride at Alston Tract, 42144 Deems Road, Zephyrhills. Watch your emails for the gate code—you will not get through the gate without it!
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).