We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Saturday, April 24, 8:30am: Club ride at Lower Green Swamp. Trail bosses Karen Turbeville & Mike Charron
- Saturday, April 24, 4pm: Molly Jones’ graduation party
- Saturday, May 1, 8:30am: Club ride at the Hampton Tract, Rock Ridge Road. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, May 8, 8:30am: Club ride at Tenoroc. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, May 15, 8:30am: Club ride at Colt Creek. Trail boss Del Jones
- Monday, May 17, 6:00pm: Club dinner & meeting at the Golden Corral 4532 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland. Dinner at 6pm with meeting to follow at 7pm. Visitors are welcome.
- Saturday, May 22, 8:30am: Club ride at Gator Creek. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, August 7, 5pm: Annual club BBQ & membership party at the Lassiters’.
- Saturday, November 6, 9:00am: Veterans Day mounted scavenger hunt at Colt Creek
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).