We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Saturday, September 24, 8:30am: Club ride at Tenoroc. Trail boss Karen Turbeville
- Saturday, October 1, 8:30am: Club ride at Lower Green Swamp. Trail boss Janet Schneider
- Saturday, October 8, 8:30am: Club ride at Tenoroc. Trail boss Karen Turbeville
- Tuesday, October 11, 11:15am: Club dine-around at Catfish Country, 2400 EF Griffin Road, Bartow. RSVPs to Karen Turbeville by October 9.
- Saturday, October 15, 8:30am: Club ride at Marshall Hampton Reserve, Thornhill Road. Trail boss Mike Charron
- Monday, October 17, 7:00pm: Club business meeting at Lakeland Linder Maintenance Building, 4250 Maintenance Way, Lakeland
- Saturday, October 22, 8:30am: Club ride at Colt Creek (Middle Lakes parking)
- Saturday, October 29, 8:30am: Club ride at Lower Green Swamp. Trail boss Karen Turbeville
- Saturday, November 5, 8:30am: Club ride at Gator Creek
- Saturday, November 12, 9:00am: Colt Creek’s Veterans Day Scavenger Hunt
- Monday, November 21, 7:00pm: Club business meeting at Lakeland Linder Maintenance Building, 4250 Maintenance Way, Lakeland
- Thursday, January 12, 2023: Water, Wings & Wild Things horsey meet-and-greet for 2nd graders
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).