We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Monday-Sunday, November 23-29: Club campout at Green Swamp West
- Saturday, November 28, 9am: Club ride at Green Swamp West. Club members were sent the gate code in an email.
- Saturday, December 5, 9am: Club ride at Tenoroc. Del Jones, trail boss
- Saturday, December 12, 9am: Club ride at Catfish Creek. Del Jones, trail boss
- Friday-Sunday, December 18-20: Club campout at Colt Creek.
- Saturday, December 19: Club ride from the Equestrian Campground at 9am; Christmas party to follow about 1pm in the campground.
- Saturday, December 26, 9am: Club ride at Upper Hillsborough Preserve. Members must obtain their own passes from How to Make a Reservation | WaterMatters.org (state.fl.us). Del Jones, trail boss
- Monday, December 28–Monday, January 3: Club campout at Green Swamp West.
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).