We have many breeds of horses in the club, and all rides are led as a group at a walk. This frequently means that the faster horses must slow down a bit, and the slower horses goosed to speed up a bit. Those wishing to ride at a faster pace are asked to talk to the trail boss, who can tell them when to move off without causing a tizzy in the main group.
The time stated is for the actual start of the ride rather than members’ arrival time. We feel this is more respectful of people’s time, and everybody knows exactly when they have to be in the saddle. We ask that people let the trail boss know when they plan to come; if we have to change or cancel the ride, we’ll know who needs to be notified.
- Saturday, September 25, 8:30am: Club ride at Lake Louisa–use the Lake Nellie entrance. Trail boss Del Jones
- Saturday, October 2, 8:30am: Club ride at Lower Green Swamp
- Saturday, October 9, 8:30am: Club ride at the Hampton Tract, Rock Ridge Rd.
- Saturday, October 16, 8:30am: Club ride & monthly meeting at Colt Creek (park in the equestrian campground). Potluck lunch & meeting to start 11:30-12pm
- Saturday, October 23, 8:30am: Club ride at Upper Hillsborough. Riders must contact trail boss Del Jones for gate code
- Saturday, October 30, 8:30am: Club ride at Catfish Creek
- Saturday, November 6, 9:00am: Veterans Day mounted scavenger hunt at Colt Creek
Take time after each ride to relax—bring your lunch or snacks, and share some quality time with club members.
Keep up with the club rides and “join” via our Facebook Page (Events section).